This is an entry-level rotating LiDAR scanner for short-range indoor applications such as Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM).
It utilises a custom version of the popular TeraRanger One sensor to create a small, light and easy to use solution at an affordable price. It is fully eye-safe and can replace more expensive laser systems, making it ideal for education, research and DIY applications.
Please note this is sold as an evaluation unit. Eventual production units and prices may differ. If you also wish to do SLAM and collision avoidance (see the video above) we have a free documentation and code pack available. Sign up to our newsletter or contact us for more information.
Design, Dimensions and Weight:
– Open or enclosed rotating sensor
– Size: 75 x 44 x 44 mm with base enclosure
– Weight: 125g
– Update rate for rotation: 1 to 5Hz user-configurable
– Scan range: 360 degrees, up to 7 meters
– Angular resolution (minimum): 0.36 degrees (@ 1 Hz scan rate)
– Sample density: 200 to 1000 samples per scan, user-configurable
– UART: +3.3V level, 115200,8,N,1 connector: 4 pin DF13
– Micro-USB (2.0)
– Non-USB power option: 5v, max 400mA